This is my first Guest Author spot. But I suppose that technically it is a Guest Character spot. That’s because rather than telling you about the amazing Daryl Devoré I am going to quiz one of her characters.
So, without further ado let me introduce—from the erotic romance What Happens in Bangkok—world famous rock star Darien Scott!
- Q. How old are you, Darien? A. I’m in my late 20s
- Q. Do you have, or have you ever had, a nickname? A. D-Man as in The Man!
- Q. Are you married? A. No! No!!!
- Q. Where were you born? A. In a hospital. Ok, the hospital was in North Carolina
- Q. How would you describe your physical characteristics? A. Smokin’ hot.
- Q. How would you describe your personality? A. Big and bold.
- Q. What do you most like about yourself? A. I’m rich.
- Q. Do you have a trait you dislike? A. I might have a little bit of an ego.
- Q. Do you generally tell the truth? If so, under what circumstances would you lie?
A. Generally, yes I tell the truth. But I’d lie in heartbeat to protect someone I loved.
- Q. What hopes and ambitions do you have? A. To someday get married. Have a family. Life a normal life.
- Q. How are your relationships with your own sex, generally? A. When you’re this rich- you can buy friends. Which is sad. But I still have my dudes from high school.
- Q. How are your relationships with the opposite sex, generally? A. Freakin’ fantastic. Which has been known to get me into trouble.
- Q. How would you describe your dress style? A. Rock star casual
- Q. What hobbies/interests do you have? A. I like to party. Really, my life is crazy. Just getting a chance to party with my friends is an interest.
- Q. What sports do you do, or watch? A. I like baseball, football and sky diving.
- Q. What are your favourite foods/drinks? A. Beer. Vodka, And beer with a vodka shot.
- Q. How would you describe your sense of humour? A. A bit juvenile. Kinda have this thing – that I never grew out of – for knock knock jokes.
- Q. How would you describe your temper? A. Short. The word short is even too long. I need a shorter word to be accurate.
- Q. Do you think your author has portrayed you accurately? A. Yes, I bugged her enough until she got it right.
- Q. Do you think readers will like or dislike you? A. I think my readers will adore me. I’m sexy, and playful and passionate.
To save Darien’s life his brother asks, “Can you walk in high heels?”
Erika Bailey, owner/manager of a drag queen club in Bangkok, Thailand has happily settled into all aspects of her new life, except for her lack of a love life. When a new diva auditions, Erika is bewildered over her instant attraction to the blond God, Apollo.
Darien Scott is on vacation after a world tour and mistakenly figures the safest place to be is at The Black Dragon with the head of a Triad. When the club is hit, Darien is the only person to get out alive. Now he’s running from the police and a Triad. Mistake number 1.
Disguised as a drag queen, he’s hired by Erika, but falls hard for his new boss, then struggles with not coming clean with her. Mistake number 2.
Can he fix his mistakes and find a life filled with love or is he headed straight for mistake number 3?
Apollo and Erika ate in silence until her cell chirped. She glanced down. “Damn.”
She sighed. “Oh, my friend just canceled. Not feeling well. We were going out to a concert this evening.” She rubbed between her brows. “I never get to go anywhere. I’m at the club practically every night, and a lot of the days, too. I planned this months ago. I was so looking forward to it.”
“To what? Who were you going to see?” He placed his knife and fork on his plate and wiped his mouth with a paper napkin.
“You’re gonna think this is crazy, after a morning of Guns ‘n Roses and Meatloaf. The New York Philharmonic is in town and they’re doing a night of Beethoven.”
“Da da da daaaaa.”
She smiled. “Yup, that Beethoven.”
“I’ll go with you. No, think about it. I’m the perfect date. You know what the end of the evening’s going to be. So there’s no pressure.”
She glanced down at her plate. A chaste kiss on the cheek when I’d prefer a steamy roll in the hay.
“I can play the part of the dominating master.” He sat up taller and pasted a stern look on his face.
“What the heck is that?”
“My sophisticated masterful look.”
She tossed her head back and laughed. “Oh, does that need work! I don’t think you’d scare a guinea pig with that look.”
He heaved a false dramatic sigh. “Not so good on the Dom thing. Okay, I can deal.” He rubbed his chin. “Got it. Gigolo. I’d make a great gigolo.” He placed his hand on the table, leaned on it, then waggled his eyebrows. “Hey there sexy momma. Looking for a good time?”
“If I was drinking coffee right now, I’d be snorting out of my nose. Your gigolo is lamer than your master.”
“Then how about arm candy?” He winked. “Cause you know I’m hot and on your arm – smokin’.”
“I don’t know.” What the hell did I just say? Gawd, sometimes I think I need my head checked.
“Please don’t make me put on that evening gown and those medieval torture devices called high heels.” Apollo pushed back his chair and stood. “Visualize.” He waved his hands up and down his body. “Put a suit on this and let the oohing and aahing begin.”
“Okay. Okay. Wow. The ego’s getting deep in here.”
This book got me hooked from the opening line with Darien puzzling as to why blood was seeping from his wolf tattoo. The chemistry between Darien and Erika sizzles from the first time they meet, even though she’s no idea who he is, nor the fact that he’s actually straight. What I loved about this book was that it isn’t just about Darien and Erika. A whole cast of characters are vividly brought to life and though I didn’t like them all, particularly Gan. I seriously wanted to gag whenever he appeared, they added another dimension to the story. The action is fast paced, there are enough twists and turns in the plot to keep you guessing and the romance was hot. A great read, especially if you love stories in exotic locations.
My thanks to Daryl for allowing me to interview Darien Scott.
End of post.